Don’t Panic! Welcome to the mostly harmless OCDQ Radio 2011 Year in Review episode. During this approximately 42 minute episode, I recap the data-related highlights of 2011 in a series of sometimes serious, sometimes funny, segments, as well as make wacky and wildly inaccurate data-related predictions about 2012.
Special thanks to my guests Jarrett Goldfedder, who discusses Big Data, Nicola Askham, who discusses Data Governance, and Daragh O Brien, who discusses Data Privacy. Additional thanks to Rich Murnane and Dylan Jones. And Deep Thanks to that frood Douglas Adams, who always knew where his towel was, and who wrote The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy.
So Long 2011, and Thanks for All the . . .
Additional listening options:
Previous OCDQ Radio Episodes
Clicking on the link will take you to the episode’s blog post:
- The Fall Back Recap Show — Celebrating the autumnal equinox with a look back at the Best of OCDQ Radio
- The Blue Box of Information Quality — Guest Daragh O Brien on why Information Quality is bigger on the inside
- Good-Enough Data for Fast-Enough Decisions — Guest Julie Hunt on Data Quality and Business Intelligence
- Studying Data Quality — Guest Gordon Hamilton on the key concepts from recommended Data Quality books
- The Higher Education of Data Quality — Guest Mark Horseman discusses Data Quality in Higher Education
- International Data Quality — Guest Graham Rhind discusses international name and address Data Quality
- Big Data and Big Analytics — Special Guests Jill Dyché and Dan Soceanu on big trends in Business Intelligence
- Organizing for Data Quality — Guest Tom Redman (aka the “Data Doc”) discusses Data Quality best practices
- Social Media Strategy — Guest Crysta Anderson of IBM Initiate on Social Media strategy and content marketing
- Data Profiling Early and Often — Guest James Standen discusses Data Profiling concepts and practices
- Data Governance Star Wars — Special Guests Rob Karel and Gwen Thomas discuss Data Governance programs
- Master Data Management in Practice — Guests Dalton Cervo and Mark Allen on their book: MDM in Practice
- The Art of Data Matching — Guest Henrik Liliendahl Sørensen discusses Data Matching concepts and practices
- A Brave New Data World — We are now living in a brave new data world where everyone is a data geek