During this episode, Ken O’Connor and I discuss the Solvency II standards for data quality, and how its European insurance regulatory requirement of “complete, appropriate, and accurate” data represents common sense standards for all businesses.
Ken O’Connor is an independent data consultant with over 30 years of hands-on experience in the field, specializing in helping organizations meet the data quality management challenges presented by data-intensive programs such as data conversions, data migrations, data population, and regulatory compliance such as Solvency II, Basel II / III, Anti-Money Laundering, the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA), and the Dodd–Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act.
Solvency II and Data Quality
Additional listening options:
Related OCDQ Radio Episodes
Clicking on the link will take you to the episode’s blog post:
- Data Governance Star Wars — Special Guests Rob Karel and Gwen Thomas joined this extended, and Star Wars themed, discussion about how to balance bureaucracy and business agility during the execution of data governance programs.
- The Data Governance Imperative — Guest Steve Sarsfield discusses his book The Data Governance Imperative, explaining how data governance is about changing the hearts and minds of your company to see the value of data quality.
- So Long 2011, and Thanks for All the . . . — The OCDQ Radio 2011 Year in Review, featuring Jarrett Goldfedder, who discusses Big Data, Nicola Askham, who discusses Data Governance, and Daragh O Brien, who discusses Data Privacy.
- Data Driven — Guest Tom Redman (aka the “Data Doc”) discusses concepts from one of my favorite data quality books, which is his most recent book: Data Driven: Profiting from Your Most Important Business Asset.
- Organizing for Data Quality — Guest Tom Redman (aka the “Data Doc”) discusses how your organization should approach data quality, including his call to action for your role in the data revolution.
- Making EIM Work for Business — Guest John Ladley discusses his book Making EIM Work for Business, exploring what makes information management, not just useful, but valuable to the enterprise.
- The Johari Window of Data Quality — Guest Martin Doyle discusses helping people better understand their data and assess its business impacts, not just the negative impacts of bad data quality, but also the positive impacts of good data quality.
- The Blue Box of Information Quality — Guest Daragh O Brien on why Information Quality is bigger on the inside, using stories as an analytical tool and change management technique, and why we must never forget that “people are cool.”
- Studying Data Quality — Guest Gordon Hamilton discusses the key concepts from recommended data quality books, including those which he has implemented in his career as a data quality practitioner.
- The Fall Back Recap Show — A look back at the Best of OCDQ Radio, including discussions about Data, Information, Business-IT Collaboration, Change Management, Big Analytics, Data Governance, and the Data Revolution.