During this episode, I discuss decision management with James Taylor, author of the new book Decision Management Systems: A Practical Guide to Using Business Rules and Predictive Analytics.
James Taylor is the CEO of Decision Management Solutions, and the leading expert in Decision Management Systems, which are active participants in improving business results by applying business rules, predictive analytics, and optimization technologies to address the toughest issues facing businesses today, and changing the way organizations are doing business.
James Taylor has led Decision Management efforts for leading companies in insurance, banking, health management, and telecommunications. Decision Management Solutions works with clients to improve their business by applying analytics and business rules technology to automate and improve decisions. Clients range from start-ups and software companies to major North American insurers, a travel company, the health management division of a major healthcare company, one of Europe’s largest banks, and several major decision management technology vendors.
Decision Management Systems
Additional listening options:
Win a copy of the Book
James Taylor wants to give one OCDQ Radio listener a free copy of Decision Management Systems: A Practical Guide to Using Business Rules and Predictive Analytics
Here is how the book contest will work:
(1) Book Contest Question — Name at least one of the four principles of decision management systems that was described by James Taylor during this OCDQ Radio episode.
(2) Book Contest Deadline — By or before February 29, 2012, Email Jim Harris with your answer to the book contest question.
(3) Book Contest Winner — In March 2012, one winner will be randomly selected from the emails containing the correct answer to the contest question, and James Taylor (or his publisher) will email the winner requesting a shipping address for the book.
Related OCDQ Radio Episodes
Clicking on the link will take you to the episode’s blog post:
- Good-Enough Data for Fast-Enough Decisions — Guest Julie Hunt on Data Quality and Business Intelligence
- Big Data and Big Analytics — Special Guests Jill Dyché and Dan Soceanu on big trends in Business Intelligence